Within the Future Internet Week in Poznan, the FIRE initiative supported by the FIRESTATION support action organises "The Fire Event Poznan" (Poznan European Workshop) to discuss the latest developments and findings in FIRE.
This event is planned on 26-27 October 2011 and will be held in Poznan - Poland.
Within this event, the MYFIRE support action organises a workshop focused on standardization in FIRE.
This standardization workshop will take place in the Poznan University of Technology on Thursday 27 October 2011.
The workshop will seek answers to two main questions:
- How can Future Internet experimentation benefit from formal methodologies for testing?
How can Future Internet experimentation, as a test platform, contribute to the standardization processes?
Many leading researchers and facilities operators will be here!
Join us and share your visions with top ICT experts!
This workshop is organized by ETSI and INNO, partners of the MyFIRE project in cooperation with the FIRESTATION Project.
Thursday morning - 27 October 2011 - Standardization Workshop
Responsible for the topic/session: Franck Le Gall
- Session 1: the use of formal testing methods in FIRE
10:00 – 10:15 Opening: presentation of main findings from project MyFIRE (Philippe Cousin)
10:15-11:30 The use of formal testing methods in FIRE
- 10:15 - 10:35 Use of interoperability best practices in test activities related to research (from ETSI MTS/CTI)
- 10:35 - 10:55 Experience from a living lab (Annika Sällström, TEFIS)
- 10:55 – 11:15 The need for benchmarking (Ingrid Moerman, CREW)
- 11:15 – 11:30 Open discussion
11:30 – 12:00 Coffee break
- Session 2: the role of FIRE facilities as reference implementations for standards validation and testing
12:00 – 13:30 The role of FIRE facilities as reference implementations for standards validation and testing
- 12:00 - 12:20 FIRE and standardization perspectives (Anastasius Gavras, PANLAB)
- 12:20 – 12:40 The role of FIRE in a developing standard. Case study: Openflow (From Ofelia, TBD)
- 12:40 – 13:00 The link between Research, Development and Innovation (RDI) and standardisation (TBD)
- 13:00 – 13:30 Open discussion: next steps for standardisation activities in FIRE
13:30 - 14:30 Lunch break
Other FIRE events
Wednesday afternoon - 26 October 2011
Responsible for the topic/session: Anastasius Gavras
14:30-14:40 Welcome and introduction (Manuel Monteiro, EC or FIRESTATION representative)
14:40-15:25 Presentations focusing on the experiments that have been selected by the call 5 FIRE IP projects
- BonFIRE (15 min) Josep Martrat, ATOS
- TEFIS (15 min) Joseph Latanicki, Thales
- OFELIA (15 min) Andreas Köpsel, EICT
15:25-15:40 Overview of the open calls for experiments by FIRE IPs CREW, SmartSantander, OpenLab
16:00-16:15 Short Coffee break
16:15-16:45 Presentations by the new projects of call 7
- Experimedia (10 min) Michael Boniface, IT-Innovation
- Confine (10 min) Leandro Navarro, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (TBC)
- OpenLab (10 min) Anastasius Gavras, Eurescom GmbH (TBC)
16:45-18:00 Information on FI-PPP and FIRE
- INFINITY Capacity Building Action Martin Potts, Martel Consoulting
- Role of Living Labs in the FI-PPP context Petra Turkama CONCORD project coordinator and member of the ENoLL Council
- Q&A FI-PPP and FIRE
18:00-18:15 Wrap up
Wednesday evening, 26 October 2011
19:00-21:00 The Demonstration evening
The Demonstration evening, hosted jointly by FIA, FIRE and ServiceWave provides the possibilities to demonstrate tool support and automation of specific aspects related to service oriented computing originating from different application domains.
The event will take place in an unconstrained atmosphere with lots of sandwiches, discussions and fun.
6 FIRE demonstrations (of 14) to be shown: TEFIS, OFELIA, OpenLab, CREW, N4C and FIRE STATION (infokiosk).
More information at: http://servicewave.eu/2011/demonstration-evening
Thursday afternoon - 27 October 2011
Information day, Objective ICT-2011.1.6 Call 8 of FP7-ICT
Responsible for the topic/session: Rapolas Lakavicius, EC
14:30-15:15 Presentation by EC of the call and the expectation of the programme (45 minutes, incl. Q&A)
15:15-15:45 Ideal-IST support to proposers for FIRE Call 8 (Andrzej Galik/Malgorzata Gliniecka, Ideal-IST) (30 minutes)
15:45-16:15 Agreggated overview of FIRE facility and FIRE research project by FIRESTATION (30 minutes)
16:15-16:45 Coffee break
16.45-18.00 Project ideas and presentations (registered speakers, ref. above) for FIRE Call 8
18.00-(max 18.30) Q&A session with the representatives of the EC; networking among participants to prepare proposals for FIRE Call 8; networking with attending representatives of FIRE facility projects.
The registration is mandatory.
Please register to the Workshop by registering to the FIRE Conference (as the workshop is part of the FIRE Conference) at:
The Complete Agenda
The complete agenda for the the Workshop (which is part of the FIRE Conference) is available at:
The Agenda for the FIRE Call 8 session is available at:
The Event Flyer
The VenueThe Workshop will take place in the Lecture-Conference Center on the campus of Poznań University of Technology.
Piotrowo 2 Street
61-001 Poznań - POLAND